These lemon poppy seed energy balls are sweet, tart, light and everything you want in a healthy springtime snack. We’ve been on a bit of a chocolate kick lately but these lemon balls are a nice change up, and sometimes a lighter snack is in order. Or sometimes, you just can’t stomach chocolate 24/7. These Energy Balls are made with just 7 ingredients and are NO BAKE, making them super easy to whip up. The fresh lemon juice and zest really pump up the lemon flavour, so for those citrus lovers – you’ll love this one. Give it a try and tag us on Social if you make them at home! @BioSteelSports @BioSteelWomen
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 6 tbsp of Water
- 6 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (we used about two whole lemons)
- 1 tsp freshly grated Lemon Zest
- 3 scoops of BioSteel’s Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until it is half ground – not exactly a powder form, and you can still see some fully formed oats.
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the skin of one medium lemon into that mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, honey, protein powder and poppy seeds into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into small balls onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Seal and store in the fridge until ready to eat!