Cauliflower was named the new ‘IT’ vegetable in 2017 – but that doesn’t stop us from using it in recipes in 2019! We know – adding cauliflowers to smoothies sounds weird, and it’s not a commonly heard ingredient to be used in smoothies. Cauliflower adds good heft to your smoothie without adding much sugar, and it’s added benefits such as vitamins and fibre provide a great boost to your shake. It’ll also make your smoothie extra creamy and keep you full for longer.
This recipe will help with your chocolate cravings while getting in some serious micronutrients! Tag us on social if you decide to give this recipe a try!
- 2 cups Frozen Cauliflower
- 2 Bananas (frozen)
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup BioSteel Chocolate Plant-Based or Whey Protein Isolate Protein Powder
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Maca Powder
- Combine all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Want to make it Mocha – Replace half of the almond milk with chilled coffee.
- Like it Sweeter?- Add pitted medjool dates
- Don’t have Maca Powder? Just leave it out or use cinnamon instead.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients: 7 items